Friday, August 6, 2010

Bowling for Music Videos

So I just recently discovered this band called Bowling For Soup (sue me, I don't listen to the radio) and I must say that although their music isn't that great (not terrible either), I find their videos really interesting. They all seem to follow a similar pattern - band playing song, band members acting in said song story, band playing song in story world, band back in the real world. There's a real consistency in their videos, giving them a cohesive look and feel, and a pretty cool signature style.

In addition, while being a 2000s lite punk-rock band, they seem to pay homage a lot to the 80s scene, with references to Bon Jovi, Whitesnake, and the like. Anything to do with the 80s definitely has my attention, as you'll see in a future post.

In the meantime, check out a few of their videos.














Seriously, whatever happened to Tommy and Gina?

No comments:

Post a Comment